Anyone know if the clubman handlebars handle good

I bought and returned them. They were unforgiving and it seemedlike everyone else with a cafe bike had them. I recently put on a custom pair that I have on upside down and backwards. Still for long rides, I flip them back right for a far more comfortable ride

Posted via Mobile

Clubmans require a lot less work to install. You need to pull the forks and possibly modify your headlight bracket (depends on year) to get clip-ons to work. Clip-ons look better in my opinion, but the real benefit is the weight savings over a full clubman handle bar. A clubman bar install should be very easy; you'll likely spend the most time re-routing the cables if there is too much slack.

I ditched my clip-ons and went with euro bars because the ergonomics are unfavorable without rear-sets. As a tall rider I am almost in the fetal position with low bars. Even with rear-sets the XS400 doesn't have the fat and wide gas tank present on large sport bikes which helps keep me stable and comfortable during aggressive riding. So, my point is without rear-sets be wary about switching to clubmans or clip-ons; it might look cool, but you might be unhappy with the feel.

Last edited:
Back