anyone with a candlepower headlight installed ??

The only thing is... Why does it run for the entire time from start up but then that next time I start it up it doesn't work anymore. Stupid electrical. :(

That the definition of "intermittent"...and I stick with my diagnosis of loose connections somewhere.

Has anyone else had issues replacing their light with a candlepower? also hough how has that 60w/55w been working?

The headlight has worked fine for me. I am running as 35w/35w right now because a few weeks ago I was chasing an idle problem, but it turned out not to be an electrical draw issue. At some point i will put the 60w/55w back in. I ran it all last year and this spring with no issues. If you want some safety margin, replace the tail/brake light with an LED. It'll save some watts and avoid having to mess with the flasher if you just do the tail/brake. I have not done this, but it's an option.

I have new turn signals on order (not led but smaller), and led tail on order. Also a 35/35 watt bulb is on order. Think this should work OliverB? I checked all the cables/wiring seems fine. It works but if randomly works, batt may be low as it starts a little hard after the light was working.

I guess my question is why use a 35W headlight bulb? Perhaps, if you just don't do any night riding then a 35W bulb is satisfactory to meet the letter of the law.

When you receive the LED tail/stop bulbs, install just one and compare the brightness of the LED to the original filament bulb. Our old tail light reflectors were not designed for LED bulbs and some designs of LED bulbs just don't project/reflect enough illumination through our old tail light units. With the proper LED bulb design you can achieve equal or better lighting in our old design reflectors.

Wasn't the candlepower. It's the relay. I hardwired the connection light works fine now. Anyone know of potential issues doing this?

BTW, I would give you the link to the exact LED bulb I found to work properly with our tail light assemblies but the seller is not currently listing them.

Glad you found the cause. Personally, I would replace the relay with a new one.

relays are more or less the same.

they usually have little diagrams to show what they do. I suspect that the VW latching relay would work!

look at this and go compare

IMG_4525%20(640x480).jpg

Back