Assembling motor

XS-Time

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So I have finally started to put my motor together.:D When I took it apart I was careful to take pictures of everything so I would remember where parts went. As it turned out my hard drive on my computer died. Along with all my pictures. :banghead: :banghead:
What I am curious about are the two wire holders attached to the case bolts. I think the lower one for the alternator wiring is straight forward as it has it's own small bolt to attach it to the case. The upper starter cable is another question though. Does it attach to the breather cover ? (which bolt) Or does it attach to the rear upper case bolts? (which bolt) :shrug:

So I have finally started to put my motor together.:D When I took it apart I was careful to take pictures of everything so I would remember where parts went. As it turned out my hard drive on my computer died. Along with all my pictures. :banghead: :banghead:
What I am curious about are the two wire holders attached to the case bolts. I think the lower one for the alternator wiring is straight forward as it has it's own small bolt to attach it to the case. The upper starter cable is another question though. Does it attach to the breather cover ? (which bolt) Or does it attach to the rear upper case bolts? (which bolt) :shrug:

Im pretty sure one definatly attatches to the breather cover, i can double check if you want.

I uploaded all of the pics that I took of my rebuild to my profile on this site, so you can check those out if you need to! On mine, there is a wire holder on the rear alternator-side bolt of the breather to the starter motor, and the engine grounding cable is on the rear clutch-side bolt.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. PsuedoMonkey that is quite a detailed teardown you have. It will be verry helpfull. Although after looking at the pictures I have an urge to wash my hands.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. PsuedoMonkey that is quite a detailed teardown you have. It will be verry helpfull. Although after looking at the pictures I have an urge to wash my hands.

30 years of grease will do that to you! After I took her apart I bought an ultrasonic cleaner, a gallon of Simple Green, three rattle cans of engine de-greaser, and one rattle can of brake cleaner; all of which were thoroughly used. Two days later, the engine was in a respectable condition :thumbsup:

Back