Baby's first resto - 1980 xs 400

True that! It's hard as hell to find a non-cut, or non-beat to hell and back for that matter, XS650. When you do find one, they are priced accordingly! I chose to restore my KZ440 stock, and love that decision to this day (3 years later). I still ride it just as much as the hardtailed XS400.
MAN that 650 is CLEAN!!! I hate you chris!! I'm gonna go cry in the corner now! :shootme:

When I bought mine, he who sold it said it was a relief to sell it to someone who wouldn't cut it up. I didn't have the heart to tell him my plans...

keep it up tacitus!

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES. lovely bobbed rear fender, now building up a bubble seat out of fiberglass and inadvertently springing for MAKE YER OWN EXHAUST PIPES because mine were completely rustipated out and we got this tube roller right here. threw new brakes on, cleaned out all the pine needles and junk that had collected under the housing where the countershaft sprocket lives (which is of course leaking) also managed to destroy the threaded rod running between the pivots on the front drum brake, AWESOME!!!!!!!! pictures tomorrow.

Back