Bike only idles and only on choke.

My service manual lists the N-7 Champion plug.
My Hanes manual also lists the Nippon Denson W22EP and Motocraft AG12.
The others will work in a pinch but the consensus seems to be to stick with NGK or even upgrade to the NGK iridium bpr7eix.
New plug caps are required for the iridium switch. Caps are cheap. There are a few threads about the iridium upgrade.

Meh, I'll probably just wait and get the NGK. I want to get something good, even if it takes a little longer.

Alright, so I called the biggest dealership near me, and they said they could get some sent over from California but it would be a few days.

And they'd be $33 each +tax. I'll probably call some of the smaller ones tomorrow but at that price I'll be ordering from ebay.

Where do you live? I can walk 10 feet in any direction here and grab NGK plugs ;)

If the automotive places around you don't have them, look into boat/marine stores. They are popular in the marine world as well. The boating supply store near me has a whole isle of them!

Where do you live? I can walk 10 feet in any direction here and grab NGK plugs ;)

If the automotive places around you don't have them, look into boat/marine stores. They are popular in the marine world as well. The boating supply store near me has a whole isle of them!

There doesn't seem to be any boating/marine places near me either! Maybe I'm missing something..

The autoparts store right here is an Autozone, then a few more miles away there's another Autozone, an Advanced auto parts and an O'reilys Auto Parts. And it seems none of them carry the right plug. Instead of going online, I'll probably go in and ask.

That's weird that they don't have them. It's a pretty standard plug. I know one of the chains doesn't stock them, but the other does. Just can't remember if its autozone or advanced.

Just a note, you can buy a box of them on Amazon for a good price.

I found most places seem to carry the resistor plugs but not the stock ones.
It was easier to switch out the caps and go with the resistor plugs than order online every time. Also allows for the Iridium switch someday.

Hm. I'll probably just order from Amazon. Hopefully they can ship with prime.

As for the filters, none of the local dealerships carry them at reasonable prices. The best we could find is $31 a piece, but it's a special order from Yamaha meaning it could be a few weeks.

I think we're just going to go with ebay on this one.

Back