Blue smoke right side

azelhof

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a problem with my bike, there is blue smoke that escapes from the exaust.
I even think there is oil in the exhaust..
I recently oversized cylinders, change pistons and ring
Do you have any ideas of the problem?
Thanks

Valve seals or piston rings. Most likely rings. You may need to ride the bike hard to get the rings to seat properly. Assuming everything was assembled correctly...

My guess is piston rings...(if the gaps in the rings were not spaced properly) Could be valve stem seals if they weren'the replaced or installed crooked or not fully seated.

Thanks guys, I have not done the job myself, so its hard for me tell if something is wrong..
There is something I can do to test it?

Do a compression test to see how that is, but as for the seals and guides no. The guy that did it should have checked those and replaced them as needed.

A compression test will test how well the valves seal and piston rings. If your valve guides and seals are bad oil will run down onto the valves and smoke while it runs. If you only gave the guy pistons and ring to rebuild the motor I would say everything else in there could be old and worn. I would ask the guy who did the work if he checked anything else.

Back