For Sale - Brand New Candlepower H4 Replacement Headlight Lens

EMS541A

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to sell a brand new, unused, never mounted, Candlepower 6 3/8th H4 headlight lens/reflector unit. A lot of people riding XS400s have been using them, since you need to change out the lens and reflector to use H4 bulbs.

http://store.candlepower.com/638inhe.html

Pictures of the unit in my hands on demand. Asking $30 and you pay shipping from Maine, zip 04037. Bought a different bike before I even got around to putting it on the XS, and I'm now trying to sell my '78 for CB750 parts, heh.

If you're interested let me know.

Just a tip man......Posting a for sale ad on your first post, without introducing yourself at least more than likely isn't going to get anyone interested. Not trying to be an ass, just giving advice. Welcome to the site though!

Wasn't trying to step on any toes; I lurked this forum a lot when I was working on the old XS400 but now that I've given up on the poor baby I don't have much to post about as far as XS400s go! Nobody could seem to help me figure out why she'd fire up happily until about a mile down the road when she'd cut out. Usually if I waited there for a good 15 minutes she'd start back up and get another mile down the road. I wish I could figure it out, I'd rather keep her and convince my girl to get on it then sell it, but I think fixing this problem might be out of my league, only because I don't know what to fix!

Float height or vacuum leak; after checking that consider that you may be running too rich. If performance is getting worse as the engine is getting hotter it sounds like you're too rich.

just wondering if the "Candlepower 6 3/8th H4 headlight lens/reflector unit" was still available. Been looking all over for one but can't seem to find it anywhere. very interested so please let me know. Thanx

Back