Bronze bushings XS400SE, 1982

Atticus

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I´ve searched the forum a lot but I can´t find an answer to my question. I´m going to swap my old bushings for bronze ditos...

I contacted mikesxs but the ones he is selling does not fit my XS400SE, 1982. I checked on e-bay but most of them cannot say if they will fit.

I got an e-mail from a german seller on e-bay with the measurements of his bronze bushings. "Measures outside 28,05 mm and inside 22,2 mm and length is 40,4 mm.
You might check your bushings.

Can anyone confirm these measurements or give me a tip on where to get hold of bushings that will fit my model?

/Christian

I was in Lowe's yesterday and they sell bronze bushings for a few bucks. They were packaged by Hillman. I don't know if you have Lowe's in Sweden but you may have something similar. Or you can check out Hillman's online. They may sell them in those dimensions.

Just a thought! I can't help in any way other than that.

No Lowe's herr in Sweden but I'll check Hillman out!

A few more tips from others are verry welcome!

I did check those out, but as i wrote i got the answer that it wouldn't fit my modell...
Maybe he's wrong?

There is a nylon bushing, shim and the washer/seal to keep the grease in.

You can replace them with bronze bushings or more expensive roller bearings.

I highly doubt that they would redesign the 4-5 yr old swingarm in it's final year. I can't measure as I don't have an 82 but my guess is that the bushings that Chris posted above will work.

I did check those out, but as i wrote i got the answer that it wouldn't fit my modell...
Maybe he's wrong?

Here in the u.s. the was no xs400se model so that may have confused him. He does get it wrong with stuff:laugh: Like I said sohc xs400. You can still get the seals from yamaha and I have also seen them on ebay.

Here in the u.s. the was no xs400se model so that may have confused him. He does get it wrong with stuff:laugh: Like I said sohc xs400. You can still get the seals from yamaha and I have also seen them on ebay.

Aha, that was my first thought. That it would be the same for most of the models but when two sellers says it won´t fit you wan´t to get it right before ordering!

Thanks for the help guys!
I think I will order through e-bay and an european seller since that will be a lot cheaper...

Happy easter!

Back