Button, Button who has a button???

SlickRick

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Does anyone have an extra teeny starter or horn button. That is all I need. the plastic button broke off my starter button. I have it but not sure if superglue would be strong enough to hold it together. If not does anyone know of a glue that would :confused:

... If not does anyone know of a glue that would :confused: Thanks ...
I managed to get a similar thing to stick where super glue or contact cement weren't strong enough. The trouble with them is there is not much bonding surface.

I took a small diameter drill bit and drilled a slight indent into each bonding surface and, using the same entry holes, I went in at a slight angle to each side. Then I forced black Automotive GOOP into both little cavities, then pressed them together and clamped them for 24 hours. Left them in the car during the day to accelerate curing.
The result was a slightly hour-glass shaped little plug in addition to the surface bonding around the little holes. So far it has held nicely.

My buttons came in today.
I got two xs650's on the road and another lined up. A 74 that needs a lot of work.
I put two of those buttons in my 75 XS650. They are great. Not only work good but look even better.
Leo

Mine came in 9 days after I ordered them. Not bad. I ordered mine from the link in post #9. Very pleased.
Leo

Back