Can anyone identify these?

Ablg18

XS400 Member
Reaction score
So I am working on my first rebuild and as I was working on the electrical I came across a problem. I relocated most of my electronics to a new box beneath the seat and for the most part left everything stock since the bike was running when I began. To fit everything I needed to trim any excess length of wire for some relays. On one of the two relays I failed to notice that there were two identical red with white wires connecting to the relay and I cut them without knowing which is supposed to go where. What are these for and what is the correct way they are supposed to go. Any insight would help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 228
Yes they are kickstand safety and safety relay and the sames ones Im having to replace on my bike.They are neccasary to start the bike and a very important part of the electrical system.I thing DMW is correct that it doesn't matter which order they are plugged into.

The Skyblue wire indicates its the safety relay. The other relay will have a white wire, which will be your headlight relay. (it just waits till your engine is running before sending power to the headlight. For most of us, the first kick will turn on the headlight.

Back