Canadian needs advice

member4326

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I'm in southern British Columbia. If I was to get one of Travis's hard tail kits does anyone know of some one in B.C., Alberta or Washington state that could weld it up for me?
seniorbobber

Hello downtime,
Thanks for the message. I'm in Osoyoos. Yes we need a welder that will do it up for us. I believe the kit is available through the site here. Keep me posted. I'll do the same.

Hello downtime,
Thanks for the message. I'm in Osoyoos. Yes we need a welder that will do it up for us. I believe the kit is available through the site here. Keep me posted. I'll do the same.

Hey guys if you're still looking for a welder in the Okanagan, I live in Penticton and I'm working on a '78 street tracker build. I'm a welder/fabricator and take alotta pride in my work. I've got a wicked fab shop at my disposal. Let me know exactly what you've got to do and maybe I can help you out. Seeya dudes.:thumbsup:

Ratracker,
Thanks for the response. I'm only an hour or less away. Maybe we can meet for a coffee or whatever sometime this summer.
Pat

Ratracker,
Thanks for the response. I'm only an hour or less away. Maybe we can meet for a coffee or whatever sometime this summer.
Pat

Hey Pat, yeah you bet. Coffee sounds good at some point. I've got a two year old and a two month old so spare time is hard to come by but I'm sure I can make time for a little ride down south maybe to Oliver or the Falls on a weekday evening perhaps? Let me know what you think.

Aaron.

hey dude's if you ever in Burnaby (upper east Van) give me a shout. I'm a welder as well but if your just in town we should go for a ride. I'm rebuilding my 1979 XS to a cafe racer. I just finished making / welding on my loop for my frame and now i'm in the works of rewiring, trying to figure out rewiring this bike by the seat of my pants. the last owner spliced alot of my wires so I decided to rewire from scratch.

Attachments

• BBBBBB.jpg
    BBBBBB.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 341
hey dude's if you ever in Burnaby (upper east Van) give me a shout. I'm a welder as well but if your just in town we should go for a ride. I'm rebuilding my 1979 XS to a cafe racer. I just finished making / welding on my loop for my frame and now i'm in the works of rewiring, trying to figure out rewiring this bike by the seat of my pants. the last owner spliced alot of my wires so I decided to rewire from scratch.

Keenzo,
Thanks for the reply. I do make it down to the coast once in a while and will keep you in mind. Good luck with the re wiring.

Hi Guys,
I am new to this site and am located in west kelowna. Currently building a brat/bobber out of an 82 heritage special. Should be on the road for spring 14.(hopefully, depends on my wiring skills!) Would like to find others to ride with and bounce ideas off!
13871[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• dec 2013 210.jpg
    dec 2013 210.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 316
  • dec 2013 127.jpg
    dec 2013 127.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 289
Hi Guys,
I am new to this site and am located in west kelowna. Currently building a brat/bobber out of an 82 heritage special. Should be on the road for spring 14.(hopefully, depends on my wiring skills!) Would like to find others to ride with and bounce ideas off!
13871[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Hey dude, I was in Penticton and just got a house in the land of summer. Built a '78 tracker last spring and rode most the bugs out of it this summer. And fully rewired it. So fun to rip around town. We should definitely ride this season. I wanna build a bobber too.

Your ride looks sick man. I got two tickets on my 1st ride for a bald tire-duh, and for my plate down low like yours, fucksakes ! I hate my plate where it is now.

Sounds good bro.
I am just waiting for a few more parts to arrive before diving in to the wiring! Old wiring was a total mess! That's the last major thing before the motor goes back in! Did you run your wiring exposed or in the frame? I am going to try and hide as much of the electrical as I can. Should be a challenge.

http://http://xs400.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=4829&albumid=533&dl=1389156262&thumb=1
Sounds good bro.
I am just waiting for a few more parts to arrive before diving in to the wiring! Old wiring was a total mess! That's the last major thing before the motor goes back in! Did you run your wiring exposed or in the frame? I am going to try and hide as much of the electrical as I can. Should be a challenge.

Yeah mine's pretty exposed, but clean and all new, I'll probably just throw some loom on it. I tried to put a pic on here but it didn't work. :wtf:http://xs400.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=533&pictureid=4829

What are you doing for a batt ? There's some more pics of my build on my profile.

Last edited:
Back