Carb Intake Manifolds

Joshwuh

XS Student
Reaction score
I need to replace my intake manifolds (carb holders) but am having trouble finding them outside of ebay or under $50. The ones I have seen on ebay are either very expensive or else starting to crack. Does anyone know where I can get a pair?

Last edited:
Mine and my son's were purchased on ebay - new, aftermarket manufacture in Japan. Quality was very good and price was about $35-36. I will check later today to see if I still have a link to the seller.

I got mine from eBay, brand new- with shipping, under $50, but not much under.

...a quick look on eBay reveals they're not as plentiful as they were when I bought mine 18 months ago.

Yeah, I saw a few used ones on ebay and then some on partsnmore but was hoping that I wouldn't have to spend $50 on them. I'm a college student on a tight budget but if I have to I will :-D

Hey just a quick question, are these the same size for the 250/360/400? Or are there different sizes for different models?

I have a question for some of you guys. I took a bunch of permatex silicone gasket sealant and coated my carb boots. The bike ran. However, I took it to the motorcycle shop today and the guy there said that I needed to buy new carb boots or it would screw up my engine. I don't really understand how. What do you think? It seems to run with the boots like that?

I have a question for some of you guys. I took a bunch of permatex silicone gasket sealant and coated my carb boots. The bike ran. However, I took it to the motorcycle shop today and the guy there said that I needed to buy new carb boots or it would screw up my engine. I don't really understand how. What do you think? It seems to run with the boots like that?

Your temporary fix has been used by many over the years. It is really best to fit new ones. As said above, a new quality set w/gaskets can be had on The Bay for around $30. Are you certain they are not now leaking? When they leak air they obviously lean out the gas/air mix and can cause performance problems. As to ruining your engine, that sounds a little strong to me but who knows. I would think it would take quite a lean mix and a lot of high speed, hard running to do that.

Well, if the permatex seals it, it should work fine. I can't see it causing a problem unless there remain some leaks and the bike ends up running lean. I ran my bike with pieces of inner tube siliconed around the boots, for a while. Worked fine, but I eventually replaced the boots anyway.

Back