Charging issue, stator regulator rectifier

Moreover I checked the cable going from under the engine to the battery box and it's true it sounds kind of 'crunchy'

Yup, that is the sign of burn out wires. Strongest recommendations is to look up Drewpies rewire, from Tech (tab) down to electrical, also found on the home page,

http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5934 Picture number 4, is the pic of the shot wire.

I havent been able to look into my stator or charging issue lately,Ive been down with a bug.I`ll get at it as soon as Im feeling better.By the way drewps your write and post is awesome I sure wish you lived in the states man.:thumbsup:

Well another season over started to late in the year to try and fix my charging issue.No garage and cant bring it inside to work on it so back out to the shed for hibernation.Draining all the fuel out of the tank and carbs today till next year.

Well its a nice day so for shits and giggles I pulled my bike out of the shed and started it,while it was running i literaly could watch the voltage drop on my meter,within a matter of 2 minutes or less it dropped from 12.46 to 10.37vts. Who wth whats possibly causing such a quick discharge on my system

Back