Did you removed your center stand?

Do you traditionally keep a center stand on a custom bike?

• YES! It needs to be on for practical reasons.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • NO, it adds weight and takes away from a streamlined look.

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Other?...

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
I need a space for my battery under the swingarm...so...:D

Attachments

• center_stand.jpg
    center_stand.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 259
I use my centre stand quite often. Changing oil, oiling chain or even cleaning. Gives you better access to the left side of the bike when it's not leaning on the side stand. And although a motorcycle jack will do the same thing it's convenient to have it as part of the bike in the event you need while out riding.

I use my center stand all the time but what about those little bike jacks? Like the ones that go on the back axle and you push them down with your foot. Its a win win because you lose the big center stand and you can still change the oil and make adjustments easily. Does anyone own one of these?

Edit: The term is swing arm lift i believe

I know a lot of people have one on their bikes - especially the ones who have no center stand. It's also nice to have two of those actually, one front one back. I just use my center stand and if I want to raise the front I tie down the rear to a lamp post with some rope :)

The only issue with them is you can't work on your swing arm because it uses it to hold the bike up.

Paddocks? just picked up a universal one (fingers crossed) on Motorcyclesuperstore during their black friday sale was only $50 and free shipping! gets here tomorrow

Paddocks, schmaddocks.

Why not just be able to work on everything?

Attachments

• How the Lone Ranger does it.JPG
    How the Lone Ranger does it.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 266
Paddocks, schmaddocks.

Why not just be able to work on everything?

Hah, you kid!

So a buddy calls me up one day, asking if I could give him a hand working on his bike.....

I work part time at a MC shop while going to school full time and am always willing to help friends out on their bikes so i said sure and that I'd be right over...

Well I get to his house...... and his bike's hanging from a tree with a couple of ratchet straps while he's trying to cut off his old chain with a sawzall and multi-purpose blade :banghead::banghead:

pretty funny sight to see lol.

Now if i could only find the picture.....:laugh:

Edit - Found it!! hahaha! Now sadly it was mostly out of the air once I was able to grab a picture, but it still shows what it needs to lol.

Ended up grabbing a jack and cutoff wheel from work, sure did make it a whole lot easier lol

But don't cut the mounting holes it's easy to slide on and off for working on things. Those brackets only weigh a few oz's and not worth the hassle of no easy way to do swing arm/ rear end work:wink2:

I like the clean look the bike Im working on is so low the stand would be in the way
I cut it all to have that smooth look it is a 79 lowered about 6in single seat and straight bars

Lowered 6 inches has got to put that bike frame right on the ground eh ? I thought these things only had a ground clearance of 5.5 inches lol

I took mine off, i can't remember if actually posted a result. Its off lol I don't feel i NEED to have it, if it ever goes into a shop the mechanic might hate it, but i can make out just fine with it off.. It lets me just lay down on the ground next to it when working on the crankcases lol

I took about 4in off with short shocks and that lowered the frame by a couple
it still has about 3 or 4 in clearance

Back