For Sale - dohc gas tank, square turn signal, valve shims, tach/speedo

freelancethink

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
i sold the bike and this is what is left. im selling the following parts on the cheap + shipping for whatever USPS says it costs to ship them.

Gas tank $80
DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

tach $10
DSC_0116.jpg

speedo $10
DSC_0119.jpg

instrument housing $10
DSC_0121.jpg

instrument panel $5
DSC_0123.jpg

instrument cluster housing
DSC_0125.jpg

turn signal
DSC_0128.jpg

horn $5
DSC_0130.jpg

motion pro fuel line with inline filter-new $5
DSC_0133.jpg

coil $5
DSC_0134.jpg

chain guard $10
DSC_0136.jpg

valve shims $2.50 each: sizes 260, 265, 275 and 280
DSC_0139.jpg

I also have a Clymer SOHC Yamaha XS400 service manual ($5) and the left hand electrical assembly with choke ($10).

let me know.

Will those valve shims fit my '82 Seca and what is their condition?

(I've never done valves, hence my wonder and concern)

lazerath, shipping costs to australia is over $70 so, unless you are really interested this probably isn't going to work.

robindean, shims were removed from a 83 seca so yes they will work. the shims are in excellent condition and were either new or removed from a bike with less than 5,000 miles on it. Besides the shims don't really wear. (i've removed shims from 90,000+ mile bikes and they are still the same size as the number printed on them.

davidmanuel, fedex shipping said it would cost about $60 to ship to N1H3C6. The tank is boxed up in a box that was used to ship another gas tank so i know it's sturdy and filled with foam peanuts. i'll help a little with the shipping costs so if you are interested paypal me $125 with your address and i will mail you the tank tomorrow with a tracking number.

paypal address: cbcoker@gmail.com

If the gas tank is still available, when you are back from deployment I would be very interested. I know I am a new member so that may appear leery, however my GF just picked up an 83 XS400 and she really needs a new tank(original leaks and so does the one from the junk yard we just picked up).

the gas tank is still available and i am not in the military so im not deployed and could mail you the tank whenever you want. do you have a zip code so i can estimate postage?

Terribly sorry about the deployment bit, this is why you should never read multiple forum threads at one time. In any case, I the zip code it would be shipping to is 48906 and I would need to know how you would want to handle payment. I got one of the 2 tanks we have patched up for this weekend, so ground shipping via USPS would probably be just fine.

Thanks for responding so quick I think she will really like the tank. If you have the curved side panels still laying about we might be interested in those also.

gearheadred, paypal works for me. usps says it'll cost $30 to ship the tank using a proper gas tank box with foam padded blocks. i am prepared to ship the tank on the day following a payment of $100 made using paypal to the email address below.

shoot me an email at cbcoker (at) gmail.com and we can discuss particulars. i don't have any curved plastics bits just the parts outlined above.

gas tank, petcock, fuel line and filter are sold. i have everything else including a service manual for a sohc 400 and a left hand grip cluster (headlights, horn and turn signal housing) with choke perch.

i still have lots of parts available: center stand, tach/speedo assembly, turn signal, sohc repair manual, coil.

get creative with your buying price. these pieces aren't doing me any good.

Back