Wanted - Dont buy from SWAPDIP

ggg2121

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Just got the biggest piece of crap set of carbs from him. Not worth the box they were shipped in and he won't even work with me. Self tapping screws holding parts together, chunks of dirt inside (literally) on "good clean carbs" that were "running a bike 6 months ago. Completely frozen choke and mixture screw broke off and jammed in one of them. Just a heads up!

I sent you detailed pictures in and out of the carbs and an honest description. Im sorry if you thought you were buying perfectly restored carbs for the price you paid, but I said they had been sitting for 6 months and running condition was unknown. These carbs are over 30 years old, any set you buy from anywhere is going to need a little bit of work. They WERE running when they were pulled just like I told you, I dont know what else to say. I am not going to just eat the expense of shipping and Paypal fees just because you thought you were getting perfectly restored carbs.

That's funny that you add in paypal fees when I sent you extra money without you even asking. Just the icing on the cake for this crappy transaction. It went from them coming from a good running bike, to a pretty good running bike, to a backfiring bike. Whatever. I should have looked at your username and known not to deal with you. Your pictures were crap but I was taking your word that they came from a running bike. If anyone actually wants to see the email chain I would be more then happy to send it and they can make their own decision. I should have burned $100 bill at least inwould have got some heat from it.

i would like to see the email. sorry you got burned man. bummer. people around here part out bikes all the time. ill keep an eye out for carbs and pass along the add/contact on to ya if i come across some. are any parts even salvagable?

Not gonna take sides since I'm not involved, but......

1. Might have paypal buyer protection, unlikely, but might.

2. It's against Paypals TOS to add anything additional to cover paypals fees to any transaction.

I never said the bike was backfiring. Knocking is something different. Just for the record the PO ran the bike up on a curb, knocked a hole in the engine and drained out all the oil, and then ran the bike home 6 miles. So, naturally the engine was knocking when I got it, even tho he had JB welded the hell out of the engine and filled it back up with oil. Presumably, the carbs were working just fine. I rode it around and it rode ok, minus the considerable racket from the crankcase. So I took it apart and put it in storage, where it sat until I pulled the carbs out and sold them to you. I sent you 3 excellent detailed pictures, plus the best detailed description I could give. I told you about the missing screw and the need for some cleaning/lubrication. I am sure those carbs would work for you if you wanted to invest the time in them, I never represented them as plug n play carbs and if that is what you wanted you should probably be prepared to pay more than you did. I am not some scammer or some guy looking to take advantage, and I did my best describing and showing them. I was not being deceitful in my transaction, you were the one who came all up using profanity and acting all aggressive.

I see them all the time on ebay for $30-$45.00 and I read ready to clean or use as-is.... It's definitely Caveat Emtor,buyer Beware!!! lha

I don't see any rules posted in regard to conflict resolution since I don't think there is anything anyone can do, but I'd rather see actual emails and photos as opposed to opinions.

That being said, you may be able to remove the broken idle mixture screw tip. Dirt can be cleaned, frozen parts broken loose carefully, and unless the self-tapping screws damaged anything they can be replaced. I'm sure you'll get plenty of help in the garage forum if you need any advice.

i can try to fix the carbs for free..i have some jets and stuuff if u need them. and an extra throttle tube (the thing the diaphram go's to. dont know the name)i could sell u for cheap. anththing to help your out :)

Back