driverslicense mc..

foxsake

Frankie
Reaction score
I don't have a driverslicense for motorcycle, I'm gonna drive anyway I kinda live
on the countreyside...

But I was checking out how much the minimum cost of a license here was...

About 660usd without lessons..

So to my question, how much is the lowest price for a license where you live?
And how much did it cost when you got it!

Well, it could be worse. My friend in Germany said it cost him over 2000 euros to get his license. How is it that you guys put up with that kind of crap over there, I'll never know.

Here in US there are two ways to get a license. You need to get a learner's permit first, no matter what. Then, you can either learn/practice on your own and then go take a riding test, or you can go take an MSF (that's Motorcycle Safety Foundation) class, which includes the test at the end.

Here in MN the written test for the learners permit costs $21. Learner's permit lets you ride, but you cannot ride after dark, on the highways, or without a helmet. You don't have to wear a helmet if you have a full license.

The test costs $44, I think. You have to bring your own bike.

I took the class. It cost $160. It took 4 days to complete, about 4 hours a day. You get to use (and drop) the bikes provided by MSF. Taking the class was very much worth it. I've had a few occasions where I remembered my instructors very fondly, and would really like to thank them for teaching me the things they did. Like, the right way to stop quick.

Thats just sic :thumbsup:

First of here you have to get a permition to exercise with someone you know,
It's about 15$ for me and 17$ for the teacher!

If you want to get driving lessons by a company it costs where I live about
75$ for 60min..

Then you need to take an exam about drink and driving, drugs and shit.
Costs about 65$

Then it is the first driving exam, it's like a braking course!
Costs about 275$

Then it is the writing test 25$

And the last driving test about 300$

But however we do it, we must have that stupid looking eggshell on the head:banghead:

When I took the written test and got my learner's permit, it was $9 (required)

The riding test was $10

For the new license it was $15 (6 years)

$34 total, I already had a regular (car) license.

That's just unfair! We have short summers and expensive licens!
Just signed up for the greencard lottery :D

when I got my license, I had to take an off road test (£10) then a "proper" road test which consisted of going round an estate whilst the examiner walked round. He jumps out when you have to do an emergency stop! (£40)

that was it, free to update the license and I was away no tuition except for the rights of passage we all get riding for the first time on the road!

today is a different matter and Its about £600 and to renew licence £20 :wtf:

It's so wrong... I'm allowed to drive a full sized truck and trailer in Swedens measure,
But not a bike :doh:

It's so wrong... I'm allowed to drive a full sized truck and trailer in Swedens measure, But not a bike :doh:
Don't you believe in the Scandanavian utopia we are always hearing about over here? How a 60 yr. old Swede is more healthy than a 25 yr. old Canadian, how happy you all are with 1 year of paid paternity leave, free day-care, health care, geriatric care and nearly free Volvos to drive around in - virtually immune from car crashes?
We are told how happy you all are with Big-Brother knowing what is best for you and organizing things accordingly.
Clearly, big-brother has determined that motorcycles are bad for you and that if you insist on riding them, you are going to to pay to help subsidize everyone elses' Volvos.

Maybe our Social Democrats have been painting a slightly skewed picture of your paradise?

first of all, excuse me for my french.. i'm a bit monkeypunchdrunk after
jaegercleaning the garage...

Lou Ranger: I really love how you describe my country :)
the 1 year free paternity is about that one of the parents gets to be home
for about a year with 80/75% of what you used to earn at your work!
So free isn't really true but it's kind of nice anyway :D

Don't know about free daycare, I pay around 150bucks a months to get my 2 bastards
to daycare :)

The healthcare is free tho you have to pay some everytime you go, but the thing is
that you get what you pay for, you guys on the otherside of the water got
some wicked hospitals and doctors...
I don't know wich is the best way, but the both way is kinda fucked up!

The big brother thing is kind of right kind of wrong.. The goverment thinks that
they can help the people telling them whats right..
I dunno your opinion about weed, but in sweden you get punished the same way
as if you are using heroin...
But you can drink as much as you want, and that is what I did tonight :laugh:

Hope you get something out of this.. kind of drunk! :shrug:

first of all, excuse me for my french.. i'm a bit monkeypunchdrunk after jaegercleaning the garage...

Lou Ranger: I really love how you describe my country :) ... you can drink as much as you want, and that is what I did tonight :laugh:
Hope you get something out of this.. kind of drunk! :shrug:
I hope you understood that I had my tongue planted firmly in cheek. I was not even accurately describing what the advocates of the Swedish system say when singing its praises - well, not entirely anyway. They do speak for you in saying how wonderful everything is - when they are trying to convince others that it is the way for us to go.
We probably will not though, as there are plenty of folks trying to convince us it is not the way to go. I have concluded, in both cases, it is really about people who can't resist trying to control other people, and we should believe and follow neither.

Haha! I really didn't realize anything when I was answering!
No more getting drunk and try to explaine my country :D

Haha! I really didn't realize anything when I was answering!
No more getting drunk and try to explaine my country :D
I don't know ... some might say getting drunk and trying to explain one's country pretty much explains one's country. :wink2:

In all honesty, I must confess though, it takes one to know one:
. PS - glad you'll be a "legal" driver. :thumbsup:

$110 covers the 3-day MSF course and license fee here in NH; motorcycles are provided.

If you want to test out without taking the course it's something like $30, but it's BYOB.

Arturs: Yep thats about the same as over here if you don't count in the drivinglessons :shrug:

Lou Ranger: I'm probably gonna ride without this summer, then study this winter and try to fix the license next spring :thumbsup:
Wicked youtubeclip BTW :D

bcware: Well thats just proper unfair! But I guess its just the way it is :)

I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing that the cost is high where you are; it keeps the idiots off the road.

Our accident rates are quite high here. Reports so far state that motorcycle fatalities are up by 42% this year.

Lou Ranger: I'm probably gonna ride without this summer, then study this winter and try to fix the license next spring :thumbsup:
Wicked youtubeclip BTW :D
Thanks. We get by.
You guys have Pippi Långstrump, the English have Robin Hood and King Art, the Scots have Montgomery Scott and Fat Bastard, the Americans have the Lone Ranger and Barney Fife, and the Aussies have Crocodile Dundee and Ned Kelly. :yikes:
We have Bob and Doug. :shrug:

I''m with BCWare, if you can't afford the training you can't afford the injurys. The roads here are full of Ebikes ridden by fools who have lost or can't get a license. They're on the roads, sidewalks, hiking trails all bragging about no license or insurance required. As far a I'm concerned they're just bumper bait. I wish the nanny state would protect the rest of us and ban them.
If ya got a $10 head wear a $10 dollar helmit.

I will continue to avoid political discussions....but as an American, especially living in Indiana, to see a debate between residents of Canada and Sweden about government regulation is simply hilarious.

I will continue to avoid political discussions....but as an American, especially living in Indiana, to see a debate between residents of Canada and Sweden about government regulation is simply hilarious.
It didn't seem political, I was just excited to be able to bond with a Swede on something besides our mutual love of winter (a myth) and Borje Salming (a truth). :heart:
I have to admit though, if it cost anything near $600 to get an M on my licence I would be joining a political party and working to vote the bums out.
I had to do a road test in a controlled compound with an inspector watching me and I had to pay for the inspector's time and use of the compound. Fair enough. The licence itself ("GM") is no more expensive than the regular car "G" car licence to renew.

Back