Dropped Bolt Into Timing Chain Hole

Chickenone

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn it!!!!!
i cant see it and wont pick up with my Magnet thing!.. now what? its not at the bottom screen either... im super frustrated

+1 on that, or try those little magnets on the end of an ariel gadget. could also be trapped between the guide blades!

Ya... cant find it.... took the whole top end off and flipped up side down .. nothing.. couldnt see it with a flash light.. and wasnt in the sump oil filter spot either... good news is its not on the timing chain

hope you don't find it under the bike after all this :eek:

Its got to be stuck on some oil gunge, did you take out the camchain guides?

Last edited:
Is there anybody near you who owns a flexible endoscopy USB cam?

31B4aTnCEOL._AA300_.jpg

I've had this modell an with a little magnet it is able to view in the crankcase and pull up bolts.

Is there anybody near you who owns a flexible endoscopy USB cam?

31B4aTnCEOL._AA300_.jpg

I've had this modell an with a little magnet it is able to view in the crankcase and pull up bolts.

I would probably use that for something non motorcycle related :laugh:

hoho - sokrates won´t think that tricky using the USB-cam.

Our "dirty thoughts" leave us alone in the corner for bad guys...... :)

If you are buds with any badge types you might try to get the use some of their 'anti-terror' hardware.
Uncle Sugar was throwing this sh*t around pretty wildly for a while and most of it got shoved into the WTF closet by local lawmen swamped with speeders, runaway spouses and teenagers. Offer your bolt-infested crankcase as 'training' for their never-used drug/terror cam.
Your tax Dollars at work!:D

If you are buds with any badge types you might try to get the use some of their 'anti-terror' hardware.
Uncle Sugar was throwing this sh*t around pretty wildly for a while and most of it got shoved into the WTF closet by local lawmen swamped with speeders, runaway spouses and teenagers. Offer your bolt-infested crankcase as 'training' for their never-used drug/terror cam.
Your tax Dollars at work!:D

had to read that 3 times to understand it :laugh:

Sorry Drewp,
I'll try to be less Amerocentric.
Those Sneaky-snake camera gadgets were often in the high-tech junk given out to local law-enforcement after 9-11 and they mostly don't get used because of lack of training and more pressing needs for police man-hours.:doh:

So if Chickenone has any cop-type buddies, maybe he could get them to use the gadget to search out his errant bolt under the guise of 'training'.:D

Over here, 'Your Tax Dollars at Work' :rolleyes:is often seen on the sign in front of a disruptive and expensive boondogle project under [very slow] construction.

Amerocentric??love that.never heard it stated like that before.tax dollars at work?kind of like a bridge to nowhere in the middle of Alaska?

That"bridge to nowhere" doesn't go to nowhere,sometimes 2 or 3 people a month go out to that island.They used to take a boat,but it cost too much for gas and oil for the boat,and there's the pollution.!!! lha

Back