Eastwood 2k Clear

Docwits

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone used this? Wanted to paint tank and café seat with rustoleum auto enamel and the clear coat with the Eastwood. Anyone know if it would work over enamel?

Thanks, any feedback would be appreciated.

I've used 2k laquer on the Gilera tank.

One world of warning. breath it in and your dead. its serious stuff your supposed to have an air supply and a filtered extract for this. I managed to do it with a 3m 3 stage filter mask and you need to cover everything up as it gets through the skin too.

I prob wouldn't use it like that again and get someone to do it for me

having said all that its brilliant stuff, rock hard too :D

I've used 2k laquer on the Gilera tank.

One world of warning. breath it in and your dead. its serious stuff your supposed to have an air supply and a filtered extract for this. I managed to do it with a 3m 3 stage filter mask and you need to cover everything up as it gets through the skin too.

I prob wouldn't use it like that again and get someone to do it for me

having said all that its brilliant stuff, rock hard too :D

As long as I use Tyvek suit/respirator, etc., it should do work okay over the enamel? It would save me a "TON" of quid, as you would say (I think) over there.

Last edited:
i did mine over steel as I wanted a raw look.

you need to check the specs for that, but its good stuff

Just finished reading several other revues on other bike forums, as well as some more research on eastwood's site. Safe to use on any base coat, including laquer, urethane and most importantly for me, enamel. Everyone I have read that has used it raves about it, saying the end result looks wet, and that's with no color sanding or polishing.

I am going to start my body work this weekend so I will post some pics over on my build page. Probably won't get all the way to clear for a while though.

Thanks for your input, I'll keep you all posted.

I wish someone would make a hobbyist air supplier. Well one that was cheap anyway. I know TCP global sells a starter setup for $600, but you still need to buy the filtration unit for more than $400!
And Drewpy's right, any isocyanate paint WILL kill you if you inhale it. I don't know why it was formulated the way it was, but it's made with cyanide. With that being said, I would check with Eastwood. I watched their video and they didn't mention supplied air. They said proper respiratory protection. Maybe they reformulated it to make it safer. I would call their customer service number.

Back