Exhaust flange missing

buschkj24

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm missing my exhaust flange pieces due to the collars bolts loosening up on their own. My question is how do I go about getting a new one? I have looked a few places and no one can seem to get them. Otherwise is there something I can rig to make it work?

I think the DOHC bikes use a different set than the sohc bikes.

I was able to fab up a piece of metal to "pinch" in between the collar and the header. It seems to be working just fine with no exhaust leaks. Best part is it literately cost $0.10.

Shhhh don't tell the gov't I cut a few nickels in half and bent them to form the same shape as the flange. It does not cover the header 100% but I would say it's roughly 80% but I don't care since it's not leaking.

It appears that speednsport.com has several in stock (if you ever feel the need to replace them). Ask for a better price than what is listed and they will usually drop the price to make the sale. :) Call them, they are easier to deal with that way.

It appears that speednsport.com has several in stock (if you ever feel the need to replace them). Ask for a better price than what is listed and they will usually drop the price to make the sale. :) Call them, they are easier to deal with that way.

Been there done that:wink2:

Back