First bike, first ride, first taste of freedom.

GFrattare

DO_THE_TON
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say what's up to some fellow xs400 riders. Today was my first time I've ever ridden a motorcycle. I've never driven a manual car or rode a dirt bike so it was definitely an experience. I used my tax money and picked up a 77 xs400 and after a new battery and some engine start fluid, I was on my way. Took it into an open parking lot and was doing ok until I didn't lean enough and ended up whiskey throttling it through some grass and almost into a fence so I flintstoned it for a few seconds and regained control. Close call but funny looking back at it. Definitely have to work on braking and downshifting. At least I only dumped the clutch once though. Anyways, just wanted to drop a line.:thumbsup:

Last year @ 49 years age I ended up up with my 1st rideable motorcycle a 1981 xs400.I pretty much had it down after a week of steady everyday riding.My front brakes locked on my gravel road so I dumped the bike and tore skin with a little bit of meat off my knee.I made up my mind Im not letting the scare me so I hopped back on it and went riding so more.
Welcome and introduce yourself to the member roll call in the lounge:)

Take the MSF course and wear as much equipment as you can.

If you have any questions about motorcycle physics or techniques just ask; I can answer anything you might want to know.

ahhh I remember the first time I rode a motorcycle...probably in about grade 6 so maybe 13 or 14 years old. Was at a friends house and he was hooting around on an 80cc dirt bike. I asked for a go and had NO concept of clutch work:laugh: We were out on his front lawn and I totally lost control and nearly sent it into his lounge room window. Luckily I crashed it just short of the window on the grass. From that moment on I was hooked :D Would have been good if I went through the window and parked it next to his folks while they were watching neighbors:bike:

Auh crap that reminds my memory is so bad I forgot I had 2 dirt bikes very early in age around 11 .I had a little HD 65 and honda trail 90 which I rode more of that the little harley.My folks eneded making a copper out of that little harley 65 but I never rode it after that.

Back