First Bike! XS400RJ

Jeremy Corbin

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I'm Jeremy and I live in Denver. After taking my MSF course in July I finally purchased my first motorcycle a few weeks ago, the XS400RJ. I'm pretty excited about it!

She fired right up when I went to buy her and I rode her 40mi home afterwards. Not bad for a 30 year old bike! She definitely has some wear and tear on her; Some TLC will go far. In any case, I've been trolling the forum here for help in various areas especially about tuning the carbs up and what to expect at 5280ft.

Anyway, I'll be sure to post more photos as I go along and repair certain things, but here's what she looked like when I picked her up!

5Gc5Y45E93G73I53Hbc814d151e17b2131b49.jpg

:thumbsup:

... I've been trolling the forum here for help in various areas especially about tuning the carbs up and what to expect at 5280ft ...

Welcome to the Forum. Nice bike. I especially like the colour.
My advice regarding carbs (especially if your SECA is an '83), is install a $3 in-line fuel filter (good thread on here) asap and if they ain't broke don't fix them.
As to 5280', I'd expect some snow (sorry, near sea-level dweller, so I can't help beyond that) - drive carefully.

Back