First time building and I need some advices, 81 XS400

KaiLumieres

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I finally bought a 81 xs400 yesterday with some of the money I saved up from graduating HS! It's very exciting and I gotta say the xs400 is very light and easy for me to ride as a beginner. Right now I want to do a full custom on my bike and turn it into a bobber, and as someone who have never build a bike in my life I'm looking for some advice on what's to do and what's not to do. I've been reading the forums and stay low for a while and it seem like the community is very friendly! So I would love to get some guidance from everyone!

My #1 problem right now is that I can't find a hardtail frame for xs400 anywhere, I've check lowbros and various websites. If you know anyone that sell the entire kits, preferably already weld-on please let me know.

Also can a xs400 engine fit in the xs650 hardtail frame?

this is the bike

293ayr5.jpg

My apologize for the poor English/grammar

tanks by tigman also makes a hardtail frame. he quoted me 795 for a fully new frame single backbone harley or yamaha neck

could anyone tell me a trusted brand for battery? and what's the smallest battery I can have? all i need is to kick start

Back