Fork Springs

Old Mose

Daily Rider
Reaction score
I read all the post on replacement front springs and decided that mine were probably worn out. I also decided to order the Progressive 11-1115 that seem to be the most common used. I was greatly impressed with the outcome. The improvement was remarkable. My bike rides better than it has in years. Thanks for all the good info!

Good to hear and where did you order from? I may need to replace mine once I get it going but hoping not......

I could have gotten them from several places but I typed in the spring number on my Yahoo home page and Amazon was the first one on the list. The price was the same as Dennis Kirk and shipping was free as long as you weren't in a hurry for them. As it turned out they were here in less than a week!

I had read in some of the post that it didn't make a difference if you installed the springs with the close coils up or down. I installed them with the close coils to the top. WRONG! When I was disposing of the box I found the instructions in the bottom, wadded up in a corner. It's always wise to read them if you can. Instructions were to install with the close coils to the bottom so I took them out and turned them over. WOW, it rides even better! No surprise that it's harder to get them compressed when turned the right way.

Back