Found a 650 for 800 runs quick thoughts

Ace4569

Original XS400 Chick
Reaction score
Guy has a 650 for 800 has a dent in gas tank from being dropped he said he would deliver from an hour an a half away said he would even ride it over ( so that increases my confidence) Just quickly wanting to know if this is a solid deal. I can't drive out and see it but he will deliver for gas plus the 800 what do you think?

I wanted a 650 to start with as two of my buddies had them and thought they were great. There was all kinds of folklore about how tough they were like some guy rode one from Columbus to Lake Erie with little or no oil in it, etc. I didn't want to spend the money so I got the 400. If it's any good at all I'd go for it. Good Luck!

thanks man I think I will go for it. If all fails I can always resell it I see them sell like hotcakes and I'll let you know how it goes

join the xs650.com site its like this one just for 650's. LOTS going on there.:wink2: I am a member there as well.

On second thought...this sounds like a horrible deal. In fact, it's so bad that I personally would like to give the seller a piece of my mind about trying to pawn this thing off on you, so if you could get me his phone number.....

join the xs650.com site its like this one just for 650's. LOTS going on there.:wink2: I am a member there as well.

I'm a member on that site as well! :wink2:

Prices for the XS650s vary quite a bit depending on the area, but that sounds like a good deal if you're looking for a runner. I've paid just over $600 for them when they look okay and run okay, with a good title of course. And that's in the fall.. Considering the time of year, it's an even better deal.

SCORE! I talked to him and it's mine. He said a guy offered him a grand but the guy was a complete asshat so he sold it to me instead because I sounded nice lol. Looks like being a chick paid off this time ^.^. Deal is going down frinday for a total of 840 (I'm paying for the delivery gas) Went and checked it out Runs great. Carbs seemed really good overall cosmeticly not to pretty but that's my specialty so I AM FREAKIN PSYCHED!I'll jump over to the 650 forum but 'm still going to be on here the 400 was my baby lol. oh and Nice Try Hough -.- He promised that it's mine no funny business (I have been screwed over twice during deals) so Knock on wood but I should have it friday. and by monday I'll have it all nice and pretty again...then I'll have to work on the tank I think I'll just do what skillz did in that video and hammer in some knee dents. (Future cafe anyway) thanks for the heads up guys!

so I moved next door (650 forum) not sure if my Intro posted but if any of you see it will you let me know I couldn't find it but I did post it

Thanks requiem once i get the prject going i'll put a link up here if anyone wants to see it. I doubt Travis would mind.

i just jumped to the other site and wow!!!! nice job ace!!! patience pays off again!! had a friend who had one of those and i loved it. i agree with the sewing machine, cement mixer comparison. i just like the xs's raw character for fun!!

Back