Found a 650 for 800 runs quick thoughts

yeah I know what you mean it really is different. I went from my xs400 to this but it's still awesome. Yesterday the brake locked up on the front though I'll have that fixed later today and it keeps shutting off when I stop. (this was before locked up brake) not really sure what causes the shut off but I doubt it's anything big. I love this thing! I will be changing out the handle bars sometime soon. It really did pay off kinda funy on the same day I got this bike I also found a job so I can do some small mods for now and get to the big stuff later if anyone finds a coffin tank that will fit let me know!

might have to adjust the stationary (dunno what you guys call it) rpm a bit... or has the bike been standing still a lot?

good luck with the nice bike :)

yeah I know what you mean it really is different. I went from my xs400 to this but it's still awesome. Yesterday the brake locked up on the front though I'll have that fixed later today and it keeps shutting off when I stop. (this was before locked up brake) not really sure what causes the shut off but I doubt it's anything big. I love this thing! I will be changing out the handle bars sometime soon. It really did pay off kinda funy on the same day I got this bike I also found a job so I can do some small mods for now and get to the big stuff later if anyone finds a coffin tank that will fit let me know!

Does it buck and surge as you stop and then die, or just not idle?

Oh wow...nice drewps. It just dies. Also found outmy battery is almost hella dead so I got a new battery put some new spark plugs in (they where all kinds of carbon covered) Havn't had a problem since that so I think offcially my bike is solid and ready for the road. I'm going to go over it one more time and then I'm gonna head over to a chicks bike night we have around here. Most women are on plain black 1200 harley's so i think it will be interesting to see the response on this.

Oh also I took apart the brake put some WD40 in the piston worked it through a few times and it works like a charm it was just gunked up, I'm guessing this bike sat for a while. But it was heated garage kept so it just needs a little TLC

Thanks for the tips and uhh... the TMI Moment Drewpy

Flush out all that old brake fluid, front and back and you will be in business. If it sat a while, sure enough it needs to be changed- pretty easy job.

Yup I'm a late nighter. Changed all the fluids including a oil change and it's ok the carbs need cleaned for sure it shuts off everytime I stop

Went over to this Female Motorcycleist Forum. Posted my intro and a pic of my bike. Both Fucking posts were hijackedand off topic. I see now (as a female) That most female riders a FUCKING idiots and quite rude. What I found most funny is that they have some kind of crazy FEMININE Powertrip shit going on over there and are all trying to outdo each other. there were a couple of nice ones but most were just Really Dykey (Speaking as one myself but shit even I'm not THAT Dykey) Jeez I have never seen so many women trying to be macho guys. God I love this forum and how it works as a team/community sure there is some friendly jabbing but damn nothing as crazy and completely stereotypical as this website (Here's the link if you want a good laugh) http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=wmotorcycle&nav=messages&prettyurl=%2Fwmotorcycle%2Fmessages

It reminds me of how lobsters are cooked. When you cook female lobsters you cna leave the lid off but when you cook male lobsters you have to leave the lid on. Male lobsters will form a ladder and help each other out while the female lobsters are all "fuck this if I'm dying your going down with me" and they hold each other down.

I honestly thought I would find some friendly chicks with something in common but it was so awful. atleast here there is notification of a highjacked thread I basically got kicked out of my own Intro thread >.<

Anywho just had to be a woman and bitch for a little bit. Moral of the story is Thanks Guys for Keeping me around >.<

It reminds me of how lobsters are cooked. When you cook female lobsters you cna leave the lid off but when you cook male lobsters you have to leave the lid on. Male lobsters will form a ladder and help each other out while the female lobsters are all "fuck this if I'm dying your going down with me" and they hold each other down.

I

now that's sum funny shite right there..:laugh:

Ace:

I've been a member of XJbikes.com for a couple of years and can honestly vouch for them as a truly friendly forum. Searching the archives there will yield you help with any problem you encounter with your bike.

The reason I've been a member there is because this XJ750 Seca is my daily rider while I'm finishing my XS400.
4780542673_bd4edefd1e_b.jpg

You have purchased a great bike. You will quickly become addicted to the XJ middle gear whine. I have a ton of resources and data on your bike if you need help with anything parts wise.

wow that's a beautifull seca Cturek!! showroom clean!!

ace ...... it seems like your suprised! duh! and you admit you like women? i don't get them either :)....

i like tomboy's that like to get dirty and get along with the guys! my girl worked in a rv paintshop for four years before i met her. she can hold her own believe me!!

when are you going to get around to cleaning those carbs? you do keep complaining about them!!!!

Thanks for the appreciation lol. I've been checking the XJ site more so thanks Ctureck a I'll probably need some help along the way. That is an amazingly clean Seca. I borrowed the user manual from the library and acutally accomplished cleaning and adjusting the carbs myself sorry I didn't take pics or anyhing I've been crazy busy. I had a funeral yesterday and we have all been planning it so I just got to get back on here to check stuff out. Oh yeah I admit Ilike women...well atleast when they keep there mouths shut and cook me dinner >.< So I'll definitly accept being one of da guys. I'm getting ready to paint my bike I went and got a paint gun some sand paper/wetsand and primer will post along the way on that one.

Thanks guys!

Back