Front brake bolt pattern?

levdir

Rounded bolt brigade
Reaction score
Does anyone know the measurements for the front brake bolt pattern? Do bike brakes have standardized patterns the way car wheels do? I can measure my bike's brakes but I'd rather not pull the front end apart if someone already knows.

What do you mean by pattern? The torque of the bolts for the disc? Or how to tighten them? Disc bolts are 14.5lbs and you want to do a star pattern when you do.

No, like, the space center-to-center between bolts. My Jetta's wheels had a 4x110mm (4 bolts, 110mm between bolthole centers) pattern. Are there standard patterns like that for brakes? I want to find a 310mm brake disc with a bolt pattern that matches the stock front mag. The brakes on Drewpy's bike suggests that such a thing exists, but I don't have numbers to start from. 6xsomething.

Your Xs400 uses the same bolt pattern as most Yamaha's of that era. Like an XS650. I Don't know how to link to it, but over there is a list of rotors of other brands of rotors that have the same bolt pattern.
Go on over to the XS650.com search and yea shall find.
Leo

The XS650.com site is just about like this one. Sign up. A lot of the way things work is the same on both bikes. A lot of part interchange. Brakes are just one.
Leo

This list is for 320mm rotors, but intuitively it seems as though R6 calipers mounted on an R6 fork bracket with a 10mm longer bolt and a 10mm spacer should all play nice together, assuming the distance along the axle is spaced correctly, yes?

Back