Fuel Tank Bolt

jthiessen

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I would be able to find a the bolt that attaches the fuel tank to the frame (right between the seat and back of tank)? I think I lost mine at a bar... Or if you have an extra one I would be willing to buy it off of you. Its a '79 SOHC if that makes a difference.
Thanks!

I tried the hardware store route it didnt fit right. the Bolt would not fully tighten. The bolt and washers are items you can find at a dealer unlike many parts they are still available. The washer is a simple lock washer so the hardware store will suffice however the bolt is a specific length it fit my bike better then the hardware store purchase. It was defiantly expensive at the dealer for just a bolt. I hope you dint lose the rubber bushing they are not easy to find.

Good luck

might have to go to a specialty bolt store.Or if you die set thats metric which are easy to find,I know harbor frieght has them.Buy the bolt thats close to the size and rethread it.

I tried the hardware store route it didnt fit right. the Bolt would not fully tighten. The bolt and washers are items you can find at a dealer unlike many parts they are still available. The washer is a simple lock washer so the hardware store will suffice however the bolt is a specific length it fit my bike better then the hardware store purchase. It was defiantly expensive at the dealer for just a bolt. I hope you dint lose the rubber bushing they are not easy to find.

Good luck

If the bolt is too long you can cut it to fit.

Back