Gas Tank?

rmathew313

XS400 Member
Reaction score
well im trying to get my bike up and running. Its a maxim that was already chopped. I really don't like the gas tank that the maxims have. I know its a pain in the A** to swap things with... does the maxim have and xj tanks that would fit it? and has anyone tried doing like a "hidden" gas tank

I don't know if anyone has tried hiding their gas tank but I have an idea.You dismantle your fram and make sure its spotless and lined inside.Fill your frame with gas come up with siphoning system to pull the gas to the carbs and there ya go:laugh:Sorry I couldn't resist having a sense of humor on this one.Seriously though people have modded the maxium gas tanks and if you look through the build threads you can find some direction to go with.:)

I'm in the process of installing an FJ600 tank on my Maxim. I had to move the rear mount for the tank back about 1cm to get it to fit the frame. Custom seat also required. But 21.5L of fuel, a nicer petcock, and a sending unit for a fuel gauge make it worth while! :)

Back