german chop

drewpy

Excess twin
Top Contributor
Reaction score
come across a guy on the xs400.de site who built an xs400 chop. just needs to fit electrics

f11773589t516870p7589357n1.jpg

f11773589t516870p7589357n2.jpg

f11773589t516870p7589357n3.jpg

Looks good. I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the speedo mount by the right side of the tank (at least I think it's a speedo mount....lol). It seems to just stick out into the great unknown like that...

Im pretty new to the forum, but is this what a bike could look like with just minimal cuts to the frame? im asking because i want to see what I can get my xs400 to look like by only cutting the frame here and there (if thats possible with having a good outcome). Im just trying to see how i can alter the bike without having to spends loads of money especially in the frame because i dont have the "know how" to do this. Any one have any suggestions for quick alterations with minimal cost?

yeah this look is real easy to achieve, you simple cut off the frame after the shocksmount, slap on a new fender, tank and handlebars and you're pretty much there
(except for optional forward controls ofc)
His seat is nothing more dan 1cm of foam on a simple seatpan

Cool, then this is probably the look i will try to go for, and yeah i notice the forward control which i will probably look into since im a bit taller lol. That seat pan is probably welded on huh? That means i would probably have to move the battery or something. I really like the look of an exposed rear wheel.... do u think it would look good on a build like this?

Back