handlebars are wabbly?!

slmon92

82 heritage special
Reaction score
my 82 xs400 heritage handle bars are wabbly as heck, im sure i just need to replace the rubber washer/spacers. my bike didnt come with any sort of manual, so im looking for the part numbers so i can order them. can anyone be of help??? thanks

Did you switch from stock to a different kind?Also make sure you are using 7/8 bars.I can give you a better answer here in a while.I dont remember right off hand how they bolt on..One thing you can try doing is wrap someduct tape around the bars where they bolt on and retighten them.

its not acutally to do with the bars, its the "holder, damper"

thanks LuckyEight!! that site was just added to my favourites :)
pics are coming

excuse my ignorance, xchris, but when you mean these should work, you mean even though they are for the xs650, theyd still fit onto my xs400 just fine? is it the same frame? sorry new to the game...learning as i go :) thanks

If you have a bike lift. Put the bike on it. Then grab the lower forks one in each hand. Try to move the forks straight back and forward. If there is much movement at the steering head you would need to service the bearings, seats and races.

The bars should have a little give to them. It is so the vibes from the ride won't hurt your hands after a long ride. If you add a few fender washers you can make them stiffer. Unless you steering stem bearings have play in them.

Back