Hanging by a Thread

Almost_Infamous

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First time everything (bike, rider, etc.) picking up my new to me '80 xs400 tomorrow! Excited as Hell!!

Anyways, I was on here this morn and I was reading a thread that was like a list of things to do/check etc. when you first get one and I'll be damned if I can find it now. I should have bookmarked it today and I didn't, can someone please link me and maybe anything else that may be useful? Have the manuals and a little mechanical knowhow but anything helps and is greatly appreciated.

Cheers! :D

If it was tomorrow yesterday, that makes it today today! Let's see some photos of the new bike! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the welcome! Happy to be here!!

SO she is actually an '81, but she's MY '81 now :sneaky::sneaky: New battery goes in tomorrow, but she's got good compression, chain and sprocket are in good shape, feels good, looks good. Paid a bit much for her, but it was the cheapest buy locally I could find and I've been looking since February. 16 years ago I decided one day I would have a motorcycle, so this is a long time comin'.
12922109_10154068898294467_1118990321_o.jpg

12941231_10154068898009467_1658997481_o.jpg

Looks like a very solid buy, congrats and welcome! I just got my first xs400 a bit ago and absolutely love it. Very simple and well designed machine. (I've been into Honda CB's all my life prior). I have gotten grief from some people when they find out about how much I had paid for my bikes and project bikes. But it is all about what it is worth to you. Even if you pay $1000 over from "what the bike is worth", maybe it was worth $1000 more to you.

I paid $1200 for mine. People always rag on me that I way over paid. That I should have only paid $500 for it.

But it had only 5,000 orginal miles! And it was completely stock like yours. No one chopped it or anything yet. So Yeah don't sweat it. You got a fabulous looking bike.!

Back