Headlight BS

thielb

maxim
Reaction score
Hey all
So I managed to make it home for the weekend to ride my bike a bit. Well it's raining tonight so I've been sitting here just looking and admiring :) well go figure I start looking a little too close and I start noticing little things that are pissing me off :banghead:. The worst being my headlight. So last time I was home I had it out and noticed that the headligh twas pretty shaky. Didnt think much of it and I didnt have time to inspect. Well now I took a good look at the headlight and I am not happy. First off, the entire headlight/gauge unit is cocked off to the right. I knew this earlier but I actualy tried to find why tonight. So I'm poking around my headlight to see why that whole unit is cocked like that and i keep finding little bullcrap wrong with my headlight. The bolt in both sides of the healight is stripped and not holding the light tight. Also, the height setting on the underside of the headlight isnt in place and doesnt even line up! :wtf: So the whole unit is out of line and my headlight is wobbly and pathetic. :banghead: Was taking a look at the bracket holding everything in place, it doesn't appear to be out of place or damaged. But something is obviously very wrong. Could I get some advice or opinion on why that unit is so cocked and how I can fix it? And what about that headlight height alignment bullcrap? :banghead:

Attachments

• Image055.jpg
    Image055.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Image056.jpg
    Image056.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Image057.jpg
    Image057.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Image060.jpg
    Image060.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 168
It looks like it was dropped on the right side. The turn signal probably hit something and bent the "ear" holding the headlight on. The "ears" should be snug against the headlight bucket and the bolts holding the headlight on should be tight enough to keep it from moving around or rotating up and down.

Back