Hello! New here....

316XS400

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone greeting from Kansas! I picked up an 81' XS400 with 17k on it, not bad condition from what it seems. I traded a guy the bike for my bike. I had a Kawasaki ZX6R, I got it for next to nothing and dumped too much into it to in the end let's just say,want it gone. I'm not a crotch rocket type of motorcycle enthusiast. I have always preferred bobbers, and Cafe racers. I'm mechanically sound when it comes to knowing my way around a car, but not a bike. I'd like to take my time with this bike and turn it into a Tracker. Just to putt too and from work. Not looking to go fast because I don't respect speed so I think that this bike is perfect for me.

What does it take to build a very basic tracker?
What part websites should I buy from and which ones should I stay away from?
I'm not looking to "bling" this out, just make it practical but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start. I know that I want to get rid of those ugly handlebars, and definitely the seat. I almost want to just have the bare necessities and strip everything else.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling...nice too meet everyone!:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like an interesting trade.
I'm sorry I don't have any advice on bike modifications. The only ones I have made have been unintentional or downright accidental.
My usual advice is to paint it red and then it will be perfect. It's always something to consider if riding is the goal. :wink2:

Back