Hello... new project

Just for the hell of it, I posted my project at caferacer.net and was ridiculed for not having fenders, using cheap air filters, then labelled a "poser" by one of their senior d-bags. I think the pinheads on that site think they're splitting atoms rather than just building motorcycles. I've read about how lousy that forum was on XS650.com, I guess I agree.

Wally

F-them:D Its a nice bike:thumbsup: A lot of people think you need to spend big money and own a specific type of bike to be cool, F-them in the ass with a big rubber dick:wink2:

What XSChris said! You don't need anyone's approval. Not theirs or ours. You have built your bike, your way, and as long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters!

The nerve that one jerk had to post pics of his $950 "build" in your thread astounds me...

Keep your chin up and be proud of your efforts!

Dave

love it where caferacer.net post is hijacked by a poster all about his own bike and how it should look like. look here's my lathe and turn some intake trumpets; look here's my milling machine etc etc :wtf:

...exactly, I post pics of my stuff so others can get ideas from them (the same goes for myself, I pick up a lot of great ideas from others posts too). Isn't this what being a part of a forum is all about? Hey, their loss not mine.

Wally

Dude You did a great job screw them... I've liked like what you did .. lot like I envision mine minus the seat paint scheme and headlight

I knew this bike looked familiar!! I came across your site before seeing this thread :) Love the build and the rest of your work. Keep it up!

What XSChris said! You don't need anyone's approval. Not theirs or ours. You have built your bike, your way, and as long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters!

The nerve that one jerk had to post pics of his $950 "build" in your thread astounds me...

Keep your chin up and be proud of your efforts!

Dave

That's how that forum runs. Case in point, i just read a random thread from a newbie with a basic carb question (click HERE), instead of merely answering his question they get all pissy like a group of stuck up cheerleaders at the junior high school lunch table. Dave, i like how that dude built his $950. bike but machined velocity stacks out of giant chunks of stainless... $950. my ass, he could have bought a cheap set off ebay but then he wouldn't have been able to post all of his cool milling pics (make sure all the shavings are in the shot). :rolleyes:

Wally

Last edited:
1. It's aluminum (Of which didn't cost me a penny).

2. It's easy to come whine when you delete all of your post over on the other forum. You got all pissy, and thought you were billy bad ass for building a bike for $850 (as unfinished as it may be). You forgot to mention, before ragging about my posting pictures over here, that you requested build pics before anyone critiqued your $850 build.

Hey, nobody had anything bad to say about it, in fact, everybody said nice job, just that you need to finish it. Though, you'll figure that out as soon as you fill those cheap pods up with mud due to your lack of an inner fender.

3. Buying cheap shit off of eBay, that's not how I do things. Maybe that's how you roll, but not I.

Once again, nice bike, you just need to finish it.

1. It's aluminum (Of which didn't cost me a penny).

2. It's easy to come whine when you delete all of your post over on the other forum. You got all pissy, and thought you were billy bad ass for building a bike for $850 (as unfinished as it may be). You forgot to mention, before ragging about my posting pictures over here, that you requested build pics before anyone critiqued your $850 build.

Hey, nobody had anything bad to say about it, in fact, everybody said nice job, just that you need to finish it. Though, you'll figure that out as soon as you fill those cheap pods up with mud due to your lack of an inner fender.

3. Buying cheap shit off of eBay, that's not how I do things. Maybe that's how you roll, but not I.

Once again, nice bike, you just need to finish it.

J-Rod, first of all my beef was with Teazer and his condescending post, not you. I replied specifically to him and asked to see what he has built on the cheap but you chimed in on his behalf and felt the need to show me how you've built a better bike for a cheaper price instead. Great, good for you pal, yeah, it's very nice. You machined those very pretty ALUMINUM velocity stacks and got all of your glamour shots in at the same time. I guess I should preface all my shitty remarks about your comments with... "Gee, like I said, you did a swell job on your bike, you just need to figure out how to comment on other peoples bikes in a less shitty manner" ... there, that clears everything up doesn't it. In all honesty, you (and many of the members on that forum) appear to be talented machinists/fabricators but you and your pals suck at your people skills.

For the record, I didn't start shit since I just deleted my posts and left the forum (explaining that I was in the wrong place to begin with) but one of your other like-minded snots (dirkchecken) posted a link to this "build" so you could all twirl your hair while making snarky remarks at the lunch table. I just returned the favor here since turn-around is fair play.

Hey, welcome to this forum. Stick around and see how cool everyone is (even though we saved money and bought parts on ebay and craigslist instead of hand forging or milling them from solid stock... we're just so lazy...)

Wally

My people skills are fine.

You just popped in rather combative. Nobody takes well to that.

Also, I never said my bike was better than yours (other than having fenders).

My people skills are fine.

You just popped in rather combative. Nobody takes well to that.

Also, I never said my bike was better than yours (other than having fenders).

This is becoming quite juvenile but I think you're missing my point. When someone posts a project on any forum that I've been associated with, the comments (for the most part) are positive. "Bike looks great"... "I like how you made the bracket..." ... etc. Occationally someone may add their thoughts but they won't just tell the person that the bike is incomplete and then list all the things they believe are wrong with it. It's just a crappy way of commenting. You wouldn't walk up to your wife (or girlfreind) in her new dress and tell her how it makes her look fat, or how the color brings out her unhealthy pale complexion, or that if it were longer her legs would stay warmer. Just because you are a faceless typer doesn't, or shouldn't give you reason to simply speak your mind and belittle someones work by telling them that their vision is "incomplete" (since they build their bike for their reasons, not yours). But hey, it's a free world and on caferacer.net that sort of "honesty" seems to thrive in almost every post.
Thanks for your input (even though nothing in my original posts indicated I was looking for helpful tips from you or anyone else) but I'll take them none the less as constructive criticizm.
Thanks for your critique and I sincerely wish you good luck with your bike.

Wally

That's just how it is over there. You can either handle it, or not. Some of the guys may come off a dicks, but they know their stuff. I don't post much over there, just read for the most part. I've seen the regulars run a lot of guys off. But, most all of the ones left, are very good at what they do, and have a lot of info to share.

I mean, while they, or I may have come across as dickish, we were commenting on your bike solely from a standpoint of pure functionality. It isn't that it looks better, or doesn't, it's the purpose it serves. But, you can't post up your project and expect people to just pat you on the back. That isn't how it works.

Anyways, good luck with your bike, as I said, it looks good so far.

but one of your other like-minded snots (dirkchecken) posted a link to this "build" so you could all twirl your hair while making snarky remarks at the lunch table. I just returned the favor here since turn-around is fair play.

Wally

leave me out of it, did you think maybe i posted the link because others might also own xs400's and be members of this site also. (i do and have been a member here since 7/2/2011. i didnt say anything about your bike. just posted the link. i like your bike and i wasnt trying to "so you could all twirl your hair while making snarky remarks at the lunch table. I just returned the favor here" it was not my intention. all i did was post the link. im not a " like-minded snot". some people liked your bike on cr.net and i thought others ,besides myself would like to follow your progress. ive never caused trouble on this site or other sites . im sorry for the confussion ( i also dont like to be called names). sorry to the bosses on this site. just trying to clear some things up. heres a pic of my xs, and yes i posted it on cr.net, since this photo ive removed the pipe wrap and put on new a/m rear shocks. i didnt here anything negitive from anybody there.
Picture_654.jpg

Last edited:
Back