Hello people..

Brendan O'Carroll

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I would just say hello in my first post as I can't find a newcomers thread.
My name is Brendan and I live in the UK. I've always been fond of motorcycles since I was a child and had quite a few here and there, but this is my very first attempt at a rebuild. I bought this xs for £250 and it was a wreck, not having done so much as putting petrol in a bike before I started to strip the bike to its bare frame. It has taken me a good 12 months to get to where i am at the moment, the only thing i cant do is the electrics so its ready for the auto elec guy close by. Heres a pic before it goes off for the wireing loom to be hooked back up.
P.S. looking forward to chatting with you guys.
20160704_154001.jpg

2016-07-12 01.50.17.jpg

Last edited:
Clear coat, I didn't want that chrome showroom condition look so took it back to bare metal with just a light polish.

Wow... great bike and I love the details. The battery box works well in that location. How do the wires exit the box?

Wow... great bike and I love the details. The battery box works well in that location. How do the wires exit the box?
Thankyou, since that pic I've positioned the battery box vertical rather than on a angle as I will be using a lead acid battery. I will post a pic later on today. The battery terminals just poke out the top of the box nice and neat so I will connect from the top and use a good brown leather belt to strap it in. I do have the battery box lid too so I might give that a go maybe.

Decided I'm going to polish the battery box lid and clear coat it to match the tank. Should look nice with the bottom of the box black and the lid polished metal. Plus you won't see the two screw holes at the top anymore.

Back