Hello

I've done some digging and I read that the SOHC models of this engine weren't very good? Or this all a lie and the engine will last me a long time?

And that's the bike I have:confused:

yea, the engines are so bad they have lasted 30 odd years.

nowt wrong with red lining the, I do it most of the time on mine and its never let me down in 6 years!

and here's me at 17 secs overtaking an RD400

i do like the bikes power, but i am going to be replacing old parts and stripping weight this weekend. still going to be a few weeks before Shaniqua is all ready to ride.

HAHAHAHAHA you went with Shaniqua!!!! That is funny to me.

Nice Drewpy...passing an RD400!!! I had one forever ago and thought the thing was so pipey out of the turns!!

HAHAHAHAHA you went with Shaniqua!!!! That is funny to me.

Nice Drewpy...passing an RD400!!! I had one forever ago and thought the thing was so pipey out of the turns!!

only thanks to you daddio. every other name we brainstormed gave me a good laugh too for being ridiculous sounding. but she stuck! will try to upload some pics. the before and after disassembly pics.

I got a picture now. She was complete, but this is her after 4 hours of work yesterday getting ready for parts replacement. No Carbs, battery, left turn signals, took headlight out, speedo cable, front brakes, airbox, wheels are coming off soon.

Attachments

• bike 101611.jpg
    bike 101611.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 115
Back