Help bike just broke down :(

If you have spark ( should be bright blue) on both plugs your ignition is working. All that is left is gas and compression. The left one should be a bit closer to the right psi. Check and see if you tci pickup coil off the cam is set correctly and tests ok.

Yes spark is bright blue, and yeah well the compression has been the same when I first tested it when I first got the bike, how can I test the pickup coil on the side of the cam I'm thinking its something electrical cause I have gas decent compression and spark!

For testing pickup coil.

Attachments

• DSC02621.jpg
    DSC02621.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC02622.jpg
    DSC02622.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC02623.jpg
    DSC02623.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 246
Is this normal timing chain play or should I look into the timing jumping a tooth

Attachments

• 20140720_172051.jpg
    20140720_172051.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 244
Okay sprayed starting fluid in sparkplug holes and I do get some pop and fire coming out exhuast, this mean I'm prob not getting gas to the cylinder heads?

Sounds like a carb issue. To static time a tci pickup. Turn the fly wheel to the LF mark just before TDC. Then turn the pickup so the dot on the rotor aligns with the magnetic pole that is at 12 o-clock. Make sure you reset your valves after pulling that cover off.

Yes and yes. I would also re-sync the carbs with a manometer after you get it running again. If you have skipped a tooth on the cam you static timing will be off.

Okay I have a extra carb housing I'm going to rebuild and clean there cleaner and nicer then the carbs I have on, and my one piolet jet head is strip basicly gone I guess from PO

Okay used my new carb housing cleaned everything every whole spent a lot of time on the carbs cleaning them about 2 hours or so still no start , fuel does splutter from carbs when trying to start so there deff getting fuel I'm lost

Gas it shooting out of the carbs? That is not good. Sounds like a intake valve not sealing.

I didn't say shooting there is gas getting to the carbs though no one has any ideas what could possibly be the issue

Okay used my new carb housing cleaned everything every whole spent a lot of time on the carbs cleaning them about 2 hours or so still no start , fuel does splutter from carbs when trying to start so there deff getting fuel I'm lost

Not sure what splutter meant :)

What are your carb settings/jets. Also could you get a better pic of you bike posted? It looks like you have a lot of paint on it ( grounding issue maybe) and a few wires look to go into the shifter cover:confused: If you have good spark and compression plus gas it should fire.

Jets are all stock beside mains are upgraded for pods and yes what pics would u like I get off work around 6, in going to do compression test again

Back