Help bike just broke down :(

Left side of bike. I would up your pilot jets to at least a 45. If you are running open headers maybe more. Where are your idle mix screws set at?

Idle mixture is 2.5 turns , they actually might be 45. I'm so lost lol I don't get how the bike ran fine then just shuts off, and dosnt run again lol, when everything is pretty much checking out good

Yeah I actually think the pilot are .45 , but anywho, I'm going to have to look more into timing I guess, the bike use to start up so easy and nice don't get it

Try putting some new plugs in it. Even tho you see spark they could be fouled and not work as they should when under compression.

Case closed PO who ever built this rebuilt motor is shit ! Motor is toast going to have to tare down and see if even rebuild able

The motor basicly granaded he had nothing hooked up to the chain tensenoir so the chain dug into that he was surpose to have those chain guides there was only one on there and broken to peices

Yeah I know I checked compression a few days before that and was decent good, and I had to wait to go to work to grab my compression tester

Sorry to hear that. That would explain your issues. Post some pics so people can see how NOT to assemble the engine. As long as no major components are broken you should be able to fix it.

Yes, but you came here looking for advice on why your bike quit running. The engine needs 3 things: compression, gas and spark. I suggested cleaning the carbs, you said you did, but then 2 days later you mention they are a mess and the pilot jet is screwed. Then I ask about compression and you say it's good, without checking it. Don't ask for help if you don't plan on following advice.

Good luck with your rebuild, I hope you get it running again.

in this situation where bike suddenly dies, another avenue to check is a short in the ignition circuit or kill switch corrosion etc..

sorry to hear about your bike

MPD I feel ya, I was driving 80 mph, then took a clover leaf exit, and right after I got on the next interstate, the bike refused to to do more than 50mph. sounds like yours, my timing chain tensioner over torqued, and snapped. sent just under 2 inches of cam chain guide though out my system. I the second side, was snapped in half. Like XChris says, Minimize the possibilities, protect your carbs from unwanted debris from the fuel tank(put a filter on, plastic coat the tank so it doesn't turn to rust. Rust will still get though a filter even paper)
Then the jury is still out, on why we lost the cam chain Guide. I had the chance in 2012 to rebuild the top end, I didn't do it, could pulling out the tensioner then, saved the bike last year?(2013) thereby resetting it, prevent this? No one knows.
Dave has said that these bikes need a warm up. My driving pattern was residential driving for almost a mile, then right onto a highway, and up a hill, with a speed limit of 70mph. Mine died at 12 miles from the house, when I slowed down for exit ramp. I rode it to work for another 20 miles, and back home for 30 more. Should have towed it then. Then I had other issues that compounded my primary problem, I could not figure out. Hind sight its all clear now.

Back