I need help locating some builders in my area

slabs666

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, and I just purchased a 1980 Yamaha 400 Special II for only $800.00. I figured it was a steal, because it has new tires, motor has been rebuilt, the carbs done, and is in garage kept shape. It however does need new lines, and I want to make it a cafe style bike without breaking the bank. I do not have the time to work on it myself since I work in Pittsburgh number one Trauma center, and I am constantly on call.

I was wondering if there are any builders in my area, that are not going to hit me over the head for a few minor changes. I want to put a new seat on it, get rid of the rear section, put a new exhaust on it, and of course the new lines that where not done as well. If you have any information I would really appreciate it. Oh and any information on where I can get parts would be great as well. That would probably cut my cost down with the guy or gal who can help make my vision come to life.

Thanks!!!

welcome to the forum, we have plenty of bike/owner traumas here so you should feel right at home. :)

Welcome. By "new lines" do you mean control cables (throttle, clutch, brake) or did you mean somthing else. If it is control, they are very easy to replace and you should be able to manage it yourself.

By all means, spend some time looking at the manuals on this site, or get one for you home library.

Back