I need the smallest signals possible!

davey1207

1981 Yamaha xs400 Special
Reaction score
Hey guys, by law the state of massachusetts requires me to have blinkers on my bike. i need to find the SMALLEST ones possible (just to shut johnny law up). i have seen in the past those "polka dot" signals and i can't find them anywhere! anyone know where i can find em!????!?! thanks!

Generally when there is a law that requires a certain kind of light be on your vehicle it also stipulates that said light must be dot approved. At least that is how it is in NH. Police don't seem to scrutinize too hard on the street, but we have an inspection.

i was looking something even smaller than that monkey! beware i actually prefer to ride with no signals but i want the bare minimum so i don't get messed with by the cops. they are very lean around here in mass and as long as they see a light (no matter the size) they'll be satisfied. they actually used to compliment my bike when i had no signals at all!

Is there any way you can integrate them into your design? Like run verticle orange LEDs down the side of the swingarm or frame, so when they're off, you can't even see them, but they'll pass inspection?

Sometimes, if you can make them look like something else, then everyone's happy.

you got this for rear

31nioTyLjKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-Purpose-Motorcycle-Brake-Light-Indicators/dp/B002PZV5ZW

and I have seen indicators inside headlamps, but can't find the link

You might even be able to throw in one of those micro automotive lights (e.g. size 194) where the signal usually goes with one of those push-on rubber covers. Some assembly required.

Back