I was going to be a XS400 owner :(

nejeff

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I bought an XS400 from a guy who needed it out of his garage. It was his friends and he left it behind when he went to do a medical residency. I did not get a title. I have been trying to hunt him down but he never answered the certified letters. I find out now he is on another continent :yikes: in a permanent position and he won't be back and won't be able to help me:(

The title process in Nebraska is very lengthy with waiting periods, proper notifications and costly at a minimum of $174.00 (this is everything goes perfectly). This does not include phone time with insurance people getting a bond, going in person to the STATE not county DMV, post office runs, transporting bike to the Sheriffs office for inspection.

The bike is a good running bike and I already have time & $$$ invested but I don't have anymore cash available for this project and it for sure needs new rubber. I have too many other bikes already in the stable. I really thought the good doctor was going to come through for me on this one... Oh well, this one is going to the parts forum :(

I have heard from former residents that nebraska has some very different laws on the books compared to other states.Thats too bad about your bike.Oklahoma is another one of those states I lived in when it comes to untitle vehicles you might as well not waste your time unless its for parts.IF and I say this with kindness you do decide to sell parts from the bike I want 1st dibbs on the exhaust:wink2::D

Well it's going to be parts. Already fielding lots of requests. Nebraska needs to get with the damn times! Why make it difficult for someone to pay you more taxes every year? These untitled vehicles exist and people do ride them illegally. Why not make it easier to get a title in this situation and collect more fees? It's logical!

PM me about the exhaust, your first on it!

I know nebraska is behind the times,I learned this about your state when I was in my early 20`s while meeting former residents when I lived in oklahoma another stone age state at the time.Will pm you.

Back