insurance rates in Ontario, Canada

... I might be wrong but that's just my:twocents:.
It is statistically impossible to be 100% correct - but you are 99.9% correct.

A number of guys around here with old bikes get a vintage policy from this outfit:
It involves a bit of rigmarole and some restrictions, but if your usage and requirements fit into their particular profile then the coverage is better and the cost can be less.

What is it with Canada? Why are the prices so freakin' high? WTF? What is minimum wage up there? $100k a year?

Minimum wage is just north of $100K. My buddy is on welfare and he gets $100K :laugh:

We can get vintage plates here in Manitoba, too but you are limited to riding to, from and during approved events. Almost any event can be approved but it needs to be apply for in advance of the riding season. Vintage plates can be purchased if the bike is over 30 yrs. old for a one-time fee of about $190.

Now that the official 5 month riding season is over our full insurance drops to around $10/month. The majority of the fees are paid during the riding season. Strange I know but a cheap way to get in some riding.

The policies from Timmis are for vintage bikes but don't involve special vintage plates with riding restrictions.
The policies themselves have some overall annual mileage restrictions and a couple of requirements - like an appraisal and no commercial use.

They are ideal for the guys with a couple of old bikes who can spread annual mileage around - or for the fair weather weekend warrior whose annual mileage is not excessive.

Back