Intro - New guy here

AirsoftNY

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking to get my hands on an XS400, starting to poke around for one in the NY/NJ area. Took me a couple of years but I recently finished my XS650 chop:

xs650_1.jpg

Been itching to start a new winter project, and I wanted to go with something in a little smaller engine size.

I'm really familiar with the xs650 engine and am set up to work with it, is there compatibility of parts from the 650 to the 400? I have plenty of various spares I'm hoping I may be able to use (carbs, electrical, brakes, rims, etc)?

thanks!

Aaron

nice chop, welcome to the forum Aaron!
there is some compatibilty for periphial parts, but nothing for the engine I can remember.

Brakes are the same but not the disks etc etc

Depending on what carbs you have, they may be compatible if you re-jet them. Both the 650 and 400 used Mikuni BS34s at one time.

Thanks all! yes built the pipes using TC Bros pipe kit. Took some trying (I'm a beginner welder, blew through a lot of pipe dialing my MIG in). Those are the stock mufflers I'm using.

I'd like to translate all the lessons learned on that first chop, and build something tighter and cleaner based off an XS400.

-Aaron

Back