Introduction and my 81 XS400 project

SpiderWrench

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a bout a year so I figured it was past time for me to introduce myself. I have had my current bike for about a year now and have ridden it on and off, but it needs some TLC, and it needs to fit my environment a bit better. It was the PO's cafe project, but what I need is something that can handle some rough country roads with a lot of loose gravel like I have in southern IL. It also needs some work on the carb and electric. I figured I'd say hi and post a before picture for posterity.
KIMG0101.jpg

Welcome to the forum. It's always a pain trying to fix other peoples hack work. How you can get it where it needs to be.

Thanks got20z and xschris. Luckily, the bike runs so I am going to start with the basics; oil, filter, valve adjustment, carburetor cleaning and adjustment,... then it will be on to the customization, which will probably lean toward a scrambler style. This form has been a great source of information and inspiration already, so I plan on documenting as much as I can to contribute as well.

Back