Is it silly to even ask???

Vroom4

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I can't imagine this not having been asked before, but figured it would be a fun topic:D

Has anyone ever stuffed an xs650 motor in an xs400 frame??? Can it even be done?

I'm sure it would be beyond my skill set if possible, but to me that would be the best of both worlds... love the motor on the 650 but not a fan of the frame... opposite on the xs400.

I'm sure it would be tits to ride! :thumbsup:

Too tall? Didn't see that one coming...:doh:
I wonder if you could chop in the right places and make it fit...

Would've been cool to see... and balls to ride.

Thanks Drewpy!

I would just get a xs650:laugh: also a xs650 engine weighs about 65lbs more and vibrates like crazy at higher rpms. Red line is 7500 on them because of the 360 crank.

An XS650 would be pretty rough on the 400 frame. The tubing is smaller in many places and the 650 vibrates a lot. I own 2 400's and 4 650's BTW...

xschris- sound logic :thumbsup:

I'm just a fan of the size of the 400 and the power of the 650... and greedy enough to want both:shrug:

I have had both and like the xs400 more because its a lot smoother and is way lighter.

I would just get a xs650:laugh: also a xs650 engine weighs about 65lbs more and vibrates like crazy at higher rpms. Red line is 7500 on them because of the 360 crank.

Even with the roller bearings it vibrates?I would think this would allow for higher rpms also.Newbe ? what is the 360 crank?

Multiple XS'... Nice :thumbsup:

So the 650 vibrates more than the 400??? Wow, that's hard to believe considering how much the 400 already does:yikes:

I'm hoping that a going one tooth up in the front will help to tame those vibrations at cruising speed a little....

The pistons move at the same time 360 crank where the xs400 has a 180 crank which is more balanced. Lowering the rpms on the xs650 will help but once you get up in the rpm's the vibes start kicking in. Mine was ok to about 65 but around 75+ your teeth fall out.

Back