DSCN1901.JPG

DSCN1902.JPG

DSCN1903.JPG

DSCN1904.JPG

DSCN1905.JPG

DSCN1907.JPG

DSCN1908.JPG

DSCN1909.JPG

Looks like a combo from benjiescaferacer, I just got my Pinas tank/seat in a little while ago. What did you think about the fit and finish from those guys? Mounting hardware and such?

Looks like a combo from benjiescaferacer, I just got my Pinas tank/seat in a little while ago. What did you think about the fit and finish from those guys? Mounting hardware and such?

Yes it is benjies dolphin kit. It was made for an xs650 so nothing fit correctly. Had to modify the mounting hardware, the frame backbone on the bike and the license plate holder. Did you actually get a kit that was made for an xs400? I didnt think they made them so I ordered one for the xs650. I didnt have any issues with the finish other than it is a pita to seal the inside

Hate to say, but I got the Pinas tank/seat/battery pan for my CB550 project...not my XS. When I put everything in place on the bike it just doesn't really line up right, as in where the seat and the tank meet there is a gap you can probably see through and the lines aren't really smooth (not the stripes, but the body lines) . The front of the tank has about an inch of play side to side, and most of the bolts aren't long enough to work with any of the mounting hardware. Don't get me wrong, tank/seat/tray turned out great...but there are a few things that got overlooked. For the money, I expect nothing to be overlooked.

Anyways, I was just curious, maybe I'm just too picky...good looking bike by the way!

a couple of questions where did you get you air intake/filter thingamadoodle (found out they are called velocity stacks)? and do you think i could mount two (one for each carb) rather then going single carb? i checked you google doc but couldn't find it maybe i'm blind. Found it.

DId you get 4? and would you be willing to part with two? ignore this.

It would seem you custom ordered it, i need to read before posting.

Last edited:
a couple of questions where did you get you air intake/filter thingamadoodle (found out they are called velocity stacks)? and do you think i could mount two (one for each carb) rather then going single carb? i checked you google doc but couldn't find it maybe i'm blind. Found it.

DId you get 4? and would you be willing to part with two? ignore this.

It would seem you custom ordered it, i need to read before posting.

Normally you buy 2 because it is a twin cylinder (you need to buy them for the BS34 carbs) I only bought one.

Check out my build page it has a ton of info : http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?p=73843#post73843 Her is my build list with all the parts I used, where I bought them and how much they cost: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AidaLJ6RuAFcdG9jYkI3X0FNaGxVN0FOaDQ4SlNUVnc&authkey=CObU6IcH#gid=0 The velocity stack is from steel dragon performance they custom make them for different carbs:

http://www.steeldragonperformance.com/products_2.html[/QUOTE]

Awesome Thanks, next question don't velocity stacks make it so dirt and such can get into your engine more easily?

Back