jet sizes

salisride

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
what are the stock jets for an 80 xs400 ? some say 137.5 but mine are 135 cant rememeber the pilot jets if anyone knows the stock sizes thatd be great

also how many sizes up you guys recommend if i just go pods and stock everyhting else will one size do ? just need a good starting point and do the pilot jets need to be changes just for this single mod ?

My 82 had 40`s I bumped them 2 sizes my mains are 150`s.I havent had a chance to run it yet so I dont know how well this combo is going to work.I should know by the weekend.

interested in the same thing. i have an 81 special.. i want to put pod filters on it but i dont kno what size to jet. is the only way to tell what size you need it to open the carbs and check? just a little curous.

Carb tuning is science. Unless you understand the science, all you are doing is guessing. Your best bet is to guess bigger. Carbon is easier to remove from a piston than melted pistons are to replace...

Increasing 2 sizes when switching to pods would be a starting point, if your bike was dialed-in properly before.

I could tell you the jets I'm using, but your bike will be different. You will need to take a guess, and then test to see if you are close or not. The chances of you guessing right the first time are slim. That is the nature of carb tuning.

I agree with Dave unless its tryed and true you`ll never know.Every bike is different and every engine has its own personality.As I said I rejetted but I dont know if it will work yet.I have my fingers crossed that it will.

Back