!!!jets jets jets!!! Mikuni jet numbers for 80-82 sohc models

esmith87

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR MIKUNI JET INFO FOR THE 80-82 SOHC MODELS.

MIKUNI BS-34 CARBS

Pilot Fuel Jet: Mikuni BS30/96-# (Bleed Type)

Main Fuel Jet: Mikuni N100.604-#

Pilot Air Jet at Back of Carb (bottom left hole in rear opening) : Mikuni N102.221-#

Air/Fuel Mixture Screw Kit: Mikes XS 48-5011 MK / Keyster K490

# represents jet size you need.

Last edited:
Generic part numbers are usually a lot cheaper than buying/searching "model specific." Good job!

Would these jets be the same in the xs360 carbs and the 78 model xs400 carbs? Or are they different part numbers, I notice you say 'for 80-82 models'. Does that mean pre 80 models ran different jets?

I can only be certain that what I posted will fit the carbs from 80-82 SOHC models.

I have not messed with pre-80 carbs.

You may be able to use the search function or talk to XSchris or Bcware. Both guys are very knowledgable, and own pre-80 bikes.

Would these jets be the same in the xs360 carbs and the 78 model xs400 carbs? Or are they different part numbers, I notice you say 'for 80-82 models'. Does that mean pre 80 models ran different jets?

The xs360 uses different jets than the xs400, any year.

I have a 81 special, just ordered jets and got the bleed type BS30/96 for a pilot, however the jet that was in the carb originaly was not a bleed type!! Just to be on the same page here, the bleed type is the jet with holes on the side.
Ill try to fire it up and see what hapens in a week or so (bike is in parts)

The 77-82 sohc xs400 uses a bleed type pilot jet. The ones with holes in the sides.

I have a 81 special, just ordered jets and got the bleed type BS30/96 for a pilot, however the jet that was in the carb originaly was not a bleed type!! Just to be on the same page here, the bleed type is the jet with holes on the side.
Ill try to fire it up and see what hapens in a week or so (bike is in parts)

I had the exact same situation; 81 special, non bleed pilot jets originally (with rubber plugs) and I couldnt get it to idle with the bs30/90 jets from a kit. I ordered non bleed ones from nichecycle.com and now it runs perfectly! I goes against what all the tuning guides tell me but it might be a Scandinavian thing.

I am happy to report that my bike started easier than ever, on two kicks! could be the pamco ignition that works wonders. I now run 45 bleed jet and 155 main, does not seem to be any problems, but i need to tune and sync the carbs before i can give a solid statement on the subject. will also dyno test soon.

Back