1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a Newbie just looking for tips and tricks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rob1888, Aug 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rob1888

Rob1888 XS400 New Member

Hey! I am fairly new to the forum and figured it was about time to introduce myself.

I have just started working on my xs400. I had an old set of Honda Civic rims sitting in my garage for years that a friend wanted so I traded them for his xs. I would love to give the bike a cafe or tacker look.

I am currently in the process of taking the entire thing apart to clean it up. I will be rebuilding the carbs and cleaning up the engine as best as I can. It looks like the bike has not been taken apart since it was manufactured. Are there any must do mods or anything that I should do while I have the engine taken apart?

I am planning on repainting the entire bike; frame, engine, the works. I have never done any painting so that could be an interesting experiment.

Any suggestions or ideas would be great. This is all fairly new territory for me so I expect to be using the form a lot in the near future.

2. arfstrom

arfstrom XS400 Guru Top Contributor

3. Rob1888

Rob1888 XS400 New Member

Hey Tobie thanks for the links I know I will be using them.

The more I explore this site and take my bike apart the more I realize I don't actually know. Haha I guess it is about time I do some learning.

4. arfstrom

arfstrom XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Just like cutting wood, measure 2wice, and cut once. take your time, go though the manual,(first link) Look for collaborating suggestions. (Youtube, other xs400 sites)